American Cancer Society Requests Applications for Community-based Participatory Research Grants
The Midwest Division of the American Cancer Society – in collaboration with its National Home Office in Atlanta – is pleased to announce a request for applications (RFA) for community-based participatory research (CBPR) projects focused on reducing the cancer disparities found in vulnerable and medically underserved populations across the entire cancer continuum.
Researchers located in Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin are invited to apply.
- Funding may not exceed two years of study
- Funding will not exceed $100,000 in total for two years of study (including indirect costs)
- Applications must focus on reducing cancer health disparities
- Methodology must include community-based participatory research
- Applications must describe how results will be used to develop an independently funded study (e.g. NIH R01 or American Cancer Society Research Scholar Grant)
- Applicants must be located in Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, or Wisconsin
- Research must be done with suitable experts (those within colleges, universities, public health and professional schools, scientific and professional organizations, government agencies, community hospitals, or cancer centers)
- Research must be done with nonprofit or government organizations outside of the American Cancer Society (health and social service organizations, faith-based organizations, voluntary associations, civic and citizen groups, or federally-recognized Indian tribal governments, tribes, or tribal organizations)
- Principal Investigators (PIs) who are not part of an academic center or who have no externally funded research in CBPR, must engage in a collaborative partnership with an academic (anywhere in the United States) with demonstrated research expertise in community-based research
- Application deadline is October 15, 2012
For application instructions including key dates, policies and additional eligibility criteria please visit the following page on the American Cancer Society website:
Navigate: www.cancer.org > Explore Research > Research Programs and Funding > Funding Opportunities > Index of Grants > New Initiatives and RFA >
RFA: Pilot Studies Using CBPR to Reduce Cancer Health Disparities