Welcome and Opening General Session
Wednesday, September 10; 8:00 am - 10:00 am
What Do Consumers Expect and Can Public Health Meet Those Expectations?
- Robert J. Blendon, PhD, Professor of Health Policy and Political Analysis at the Harvard School of Public Health.
- Julie L. Gerberding, MD, MPH, Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
NOTE: To view the Healthiest Nation Alliance video that was shown during Dr. Gerberding''s presentation, please visit www.healthiestnation.org and click on the What''s Happening tab.
- Kevin McConville, Regional Managing Partner, The Gallup Organization
- Robert M. Pestronk, MPH, NACCHO Immediate Past President and Health Officer, Genesee County Health Department, Michigan
- David N. Sundwall, MD, ASTHO President and Executive Director, Utah Department of Health
Wednesday, September 10; 1:30 pm - 2:15 pm
What We Can Do to Become the Healthiest Nation in a Healthier World
Thursday, September 11; 8:30 am - 10:00 am
What Is the Future of Health in the United States?
- Mary Selecky, Secretary of Health, Washington State Department of Health
- Terry Allan, RS, MPH, Health Commissioner, Cuyahoga County Board of Health, Ohio
- Judith A. Monroe, MD, State Health Commissioner, Indiana Department of Health
- Anthony Iton, JD, MD, MPH, Director, Alameda County Public Health Department, California
Friday, September12; 9:45 am – 10:45 am
How Will You Protect Your At-Risk Populations During a Pandemic?
- John Auerbach, MBA, Commissioner, Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Carina Elsenboss, MS, Advance Practice Center Program Manager, Public Health – Seattle and King County, Washington
General Closing Session
Friday, September12; 11:00 am – 12:15 pm
Becoming the Healthiest Nation: A Call to Action!
- Reed V. Tuckson, MD, Executive Vice President and Chief of Medical Affairs, United Health Group