Open topic with navigation
Site and CommonSpot Log Files
CommonSpot log files are variously prepended with a date or date-sitename stamp as shown in this example /logs/ directory.
In general, each log file header contains date, time, CommonSpot build, user ID, server and site information, specific error type, error location, and event duration in milliseconds.
CommonSpot does not currently register event details. For example, a log record might show that a certain user changed security for a given page at a certain time, but does not include which permissions were added or removed.
Note: Unless noted, the latest log entries appear at the bottom of each file.
CommonSpot logs the following to /commonspot/logs:
- errors.log - Collects startup, module and page-generation errors for this CommonSpot instance. Each error includes a stack trace of modules called and processed at error time.
- [sitename].file-errors.log - Collects system file action errors, including actions cloned to shared-database ROPS.
- [sitename].errors.log - Collects site-specific page-generation errors. Each error includes a stack trace of modules called and processed at error time.
- [sitename].security-exception.log - Collects invalid credentials or URL tampering errors. Includes module, user ID, and event time. Refer to the Securing CommonSpot section of the CommonSpot Installation Guide guide for more information on security exceptions.
- static.log - Optionally enabled for sites using CommonSpot Static Content Generation. This log records the number of pages processed in static page generation operations, static/dynamic state change information, link updates, and page changes.
- schema-update.log - Records site-specific database updates, including clear cache operations.
- replication.log - Records replication packet initialization/apply events. Includes site name and status update time.
- replication.[sitename].log - For authoring servers, logs replication packet creation linformation, including how many users, pages, files, etc. are added to the packet. Records errors produced during the packet building or sending process.
- replication.errors.log - For target servers, records replication import errors and related information (CF Error, stack trace, timestamp etc…).
- [sitename].custom_applications.log - Records custom application load errors. Identifies the custom application function generating the error and error location. Use this to determine the state of custom applications developed for your site.
- [sitename]import-export.log - Logs details of import/export object errors.
- [sitename].validation-errors.log- Logs details of user-generated CommonSpot errors such as invalid field entries. Includes error codes, text, and module location.
- installation.log - Records installation progress and errors, including error type and module location.
You can download PDF versions of the Content Contributor's, Administrator's, and Elements Reference documents from the support section of paperthin.com (requires login).
- What's New in CommonSpot 6.0
- CommonSpot 6.0.0 Menu Quick Reference
- Developer's Guide
- Template Developer's Guide
- Style Sheet Reference Guide
- Shared Database Configuration Guide
- Replication vs Shared Database Guide
- Static Content Generation Guide
- Performance Recommendations Guide
For technical support:
Open topic with navigation