Open topic with navigation
Add User Information
Use the Add User Information dialog for creating new user records. This dialog displays in edit mode for existing records, as shown below. Note that you cannot add or edit user information for users marked for deletion.
The Profile Information tab requires the following fields. Optionally complete the remaining fields. Note that user names must be unique. If the combination of first and last is non-unique, or if a matching first and last name record was previously created with a middle initial or name, a unique middle initial or name is required.
- Company - A dropdown with available company names. Defined in the Manage Companies dialog. Most environments will display one. If more than one option, choose the appropriate company for this user.
- Last Name - Enter a valid last name for the user. User names must be unique. See the description for Middle Name below.
- First Name - Enter a valid first name for the user. User names must be unique. See the description for Middle Name below.
- Middle Name - Required if the combination of first and last name is not unique or if a matching first and last name record was previously created with a middle initial or name. Once a middle name or initial is entered for a user record, a unique middle initial or name is required for all future records with matching first and last names. Names that were unique when originally saved will require a middle name or initial to save again once another user with the same first and last name exists.
- Email - Enter a valid, unique email address. The entry here displays as an email link in the Email column of the User Administration dialog for conveniently communicating with your users.
Use the Account Information tab to create or edit new user account information or editing existing user accounts. This tab displays the following fields.
- UserID - The user name used for login dialogs. The UserID field cannot contain spaces
- Password - The password for login dialogs. Note that the password must be at least 4 characters in length and cannot be identical to the UserID.
- Confirm Password - Re-enter the password exactly as it was entered in the Password field
- Contributor Type - The values available for this field depend on your license configuration. See License Keys for more information.
- Password Expiration (Days) - Enter the number of days a password is valid before a user must change it. Enter 0 to allow the password to remain unchanged indefinitely.
- Password Change - Check this box to force the user to change his/her password the next time he/she logs into CommonSpot
- Account Expiration - If the account is to be used for a limited period, select the date the account expires. Note that the expiration becomes effective at the beginning of the day specified. Click the Clear button to remove the expiration date and allow the account to be used indefinitely.
- Limit access to specific IP Addresses - You can restrict use to specific IP addresses and/or IP address ranges. For example, to ensure that an account is only used from the server console, enter 127.0.0.1 in this field.
- Email Notification - Check this box to email UserID and Password to the user.
For information on customizing the User Login Account dialog, see Customizing the User Contact Information Dialog in the Event Hooks chapter of the CommonSpot Developer's Guide.
You can download PDF versions of the Content Contributor's, Administrator's, and Elements Reference documents from the support section of paperthin.com (requires login).
- What's New in CommonSpot 6.0
- CommonSpot 6.0.0 Menu Quick Reference
- Developer's Guide
- Template Developer's Guide
- Style Sheet Reference Guide
- Shared Database Configuration Guide
- Replication vs Shared Database Guide
- Static Content Generation Guide
- Performance Recommendations Guide
For technical support:
Open topic with navigation